8.11.2006

I was busy last night...


...and made this bag. I made it for my sister. As a designer, sometimes you have to pull out your design card and do things the way that you see them needing to be done...within reason. Well, I did just that with this bag. My sister, Jen, asked me for a bag. She liked mine (a city cruiser) and wanted one of her own. Originally she said reds/black. Then she decided denim and blues so it would dress down enough for jeans. After thinking about it I told her no to the denim but that I would use lots of shades of blue instead. I looked at the fabrics I had and I kept getting drawn back to red. As the designer (and since it's my sister so I know what she wants better than she does) I went back to the idea of red and black. I also switched up the shape a bit. I think it looks a little dressier than the cruiser but it's still not fussy. It can be dressed up for business casual or down with jeans. A perfect compromise if you ask me...she just doesn't know yet.

Just can't get enough? Check out more pictures of this bag and more.

teKs'tile handbags bags handmade sewing karen c konkel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home